Friday, March 1, 2013

EDAW13: Hey, Girls! You Need to Hear This!

I know I've posted this video before, but Eating Disorder Awareness Week is coming to a close and it bears repeating. Eating disorders are not caused by the media or by society, but the media and society do perpetuate unhealthy ideals for women. Our girls get mixed messages. They start to hate themselves or feel unsure about themselves at a very young age. One of the most important things we can do is show our girls that they are special and amazing regardless of the mixed messages that are out there. It's not too late to educate them, to hold them close, to boost them up, and to help them realize their own greatness.

I made this video a couple of weeks ago and have gotten really positive feedback regarding it. This is my message to the girls of the world. I'm passionate about what I say in this video. It is a video I made specifically for girls...the fantastic, amazing, wonderful creatures who grow up to be women. So if you have a sister, a daughter, a niece, a granddaughter, a friend - show this to her. And if you're an adult and you need this for yourself tonight, that's fine too.


No comments: