Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Side Note

I just want to take a moment to say that this blog is not about me. It is about eating disorder recovery. It is about help, resources, advice, motivational speaking/writing, self-help videos, and positive encouragement - all threaded with the same hope. I typically refrain from writing about ME, about personal story, about my own eating disorder past, simply because this site is not about me - its purpose (my purpose) is to serve YOU. You know from my blogger profile or the "About Arielle" page that I'm a recovered individual with her own experiences and that is enough for me. That said, I recognize that there are times when learning about the woman behind the voice can be as important and hopeful as everything else. So in participating in the Hungry for Change Blogger Challenge this whole month of May, you'll see posts like my previous one, which differ from my normal way of writing about recovery. A taste of something different can breathe new life into what you've always heard from me - who knows? :-) But one thing is certain - you won't hear me focus on the disorder - you'll continue to get the pro-recovery points and encouragement you've always gotten here. Thanks for reading, as always. Arielle

1 comment:

Jackie T said...

:) as if you need to explain yourself. xxx