Saturday, June 30, 2012

Arielle's Word of the Day #30: COMMUNITY

I hope you have all enjoyed this blogger challenge. I can't tell you how delighted I have been to receive the daily emails telling me how fun/thought-provoking/healing this has been for people. I may have created the framework, but YOU did the work.

You did it.

We are a community. I love to build on community. I love to see our strengths in all their glory. I love to boost people up, help them share, cheer with them as they rise above what holds them down. I have very much enjoyed reading all the posts of those who have participated in this month's Word of the Day challenge. It's been rewarding to see  how different we all are. I love that. I love that a single word can bring out such a rainbow of experiences, emotions, stories, art, self-discovery.

This blogger challenge has been a rich one. I feel rich to have witnessed the insight you have all shown and encountered. It's BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you for meeting the challenge. You exceed all expectations. Don't forget that you are amazing.

I want to give a HUGE thank you to my dear friend Tracey who helped facilitate this fantastic little blogger challenge. She propelled Hungry for Change and Actively Arielle into a work of art.

The Words of the Day may have ended, but your encouragement of each other doesn't have to end...nor does your self-reflection. Choose your own words of the day... choose your own paths... and look to your community for strength, renewal, and positive emotion. You are appreciated.

Love,
Arielle

PS. There may be future blogger challenges. :-) We'll give you some breathing time. The lovely Tracey and I have more in store for you.

4 comments:

Sia Jane said...

{{{{hugs}}}

Cheryl said...

I have absolutely loved being a part of this challenge (although I am, as I type, two posts behind! I will be catching up ASAP).

It's been so wonderful to meet people with so much determination and courage. The writing has been lovely to read, and has really made me think about things differently - you summed it up perfectly when you said it's like a rainbow of emotions and experiences etc - who knew so much could come from one little word each day?

It has been INCREDIBLY helfpul for me personally - therapy is tapering off now, and I am only seeing my therapist monthly. One of the things I was worried about was that without that weekly input and guidance and questioning, I would sort of drift into complacency. This challenge and the people I have met through it have prevented that from happening, and ensured that recovery and mindfulness and positivity are at the forefront of my mind each day.

I can't thank you enough for your prompts, your encouragement, your lovely words and your good heart, and I look forward to reading lots more from you xxx

Steph said...

Thank you, Arielle and Tracey for the opportunity to experience so many wonderful points of view.
Your dedication and honesty are invaluable.

andrew roberts said...

To have a community behind you who's committed to supporting your "advocacy" all the way is far more assuring than anything else.Good luck on your endeavors and keep up the good work!